Big Data Engineer
1.2 million customers makes Partenamut the largest health insurer in Belgium. We’re a socially engaged non-profit organization with local roots. Yes indeed we’re non-profit and reinvest our financial gains in our team members, our service offering and society. Currently Partenamut supports over 20 startups active within healthcare. We simplify healthcare by advising our members at every step in their health care and by offering quality services which meet their needs
For the Data, Analytics and Automation team (DAnA), Partenamut is looking for a Big Data Engineer to strengthen its teams.
Are you searching for a dynamic team of experts fueled by its “Start Up” feel and energy, and passionate about Big Data, ready to deploy leading edge big data and analytics solutions? Are you socially engaged and “data for good” are more than just words but a true conviction?
This opportunity might interest you
As a Big Data Engineer you will be:
- Shaping the data engineering activity. Coaching a junior data engineer and managing consultants.
- Managing and optimizing Partenamut’s core data infrastructure.
- Working on implementing complex and large scale Big Data projects as well as building and maintaining custom data pipelines.
- Supporting data team resources with design and performance optimization.
- Creating and managing conceptual, logical, and physical data models using internal practices for generation, creation and naming standards.
- A Master in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field or equivalent by experience
- 3+ years hands on experience in the area of Enterprise Intelligence (e.g. Data Warehousing, Data Management, Data Manipulation, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data ecosystem)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate those into proper data base modeling. Hands-on experience with Data Vault modeling is a plus.
- Experience with SQL-like data manipulation is a must. As well as experience with big data and NoSQL technologies.
- Python algorithms and their impact on data structures don’t have any secrets to you.
- Code quality, code reviews and sharing best practices with your colleagues is what makes you tick.
- You have already found (or started) your way out of the cloud computing maze. Bonus points for Azure or AWS.
- You know how to optimize data retrieval for dash boarding, reporting and other visualizations. Experience with Tableau is a plus.
- Working in a business data analytics team following Agile principles is a challenge you’re willing to accept
- Excellent communication skills, conceptual and creative thinking.
- Fluent in French and English (verbal & written)
What’s in it for you?
- You will get the opportunity to work in a socially engaged non-profit organization that aims for innovation, experimentation and a strong eye on quality.
- You will learn new skills through challenging projects and will be supported with an individual training plan tailored to your needs and interests.
- As the team is growing rapidly you will have immediate impact on the way data is being used at Partenamut.
- Development and support: welcome days, ‘Learning on the Job’ and a broad range of training, focus on internal mobility, innovating and digital transformation projects.
- At Partenamut, we are proud to offer you a real work life balance with a package including up to +40 days off a year, homeworking, flexible workplace and flexible hours, meal vouchers and health insurances
- You will be part of a caring and diverse working environment where assistance, trust and appreciation are key highlighted competencies
- Last but not least, you will benefit from a modern flexible office with coffee corners, a cafeteria offering veggie options and a terrace.
Vous voulez participer au succès de Partenamut ?
Surprise with your skills and click on « postuler » to apply